Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I DID IT!!

Today, June 1st, Marks the journey to the rest of my career! I GOT A TEACHING JOB!!! Yes folks, my interviewing skills and dressy suit paid off! I received a first grade position at a school in Riverton. Midas Creek Elementary. The school is great, the faculty is sweet, and I hear the parents are involved and supportive. YES! Every first year teacher's DREAM! I met the other fellow first grade teachers. One was preparing for the last week of school and was tye-dying shirts their "Camping shirts." . She had a tent up in her room. I love the teacher involvement already! I had been praying and hoping for this position at this school. IT ALL WORKED OUT. It's in the Jordan School district. We all know what's going on there....but I.GOT. LUCKY!!
Where I will be "living!"
That's not a very good picture of the school, -
just thought I would clarify, Dont need anyone thinking I live in a facility of some sort!

I am on a year around schedule....that means I go every 9 weeks, then get three off. Think I can handle that! I will be saying goodbye to good ole Ogden. I have been up here for seven years. Wow! Change is good. Its necessary!
AND to top it off, I got a call yesterday at Utah Idaho Supply (I may have purchased a few things already) But I was their MAY winner and won a $25 gift card. Could this day get ANY better? I mean, really!!


that's right. That's my NAME on the door! My friend Merrilee, who happens to work there, took my picture. Don't worry. I didn't ask a stranger to take my picture! And you should all be proud of me... I only spent $17.63!

9 comments:

Chandra said...

Congratulations!!! That's so awesome! It really does sound like a dream... supportive parents?! :-)

Chandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Rae said...

Congrats!! That is great! Kennedy will be starting first grade, this upcoming year. Hopefully her teacher is even HALF as cool as you!

Lindsey said...

yay!!! congrats:) you will be the best first grade teacher EVER!!

good luck:)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS KAIJA!!!!

sexychoco said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!! yay! I love how you also won the gift card for the utah idaho--teacher store ;) Love it! haha! what luck Kai! Now if you could just help me to get a job ;)

Janel said...

Congratulations Kaija!! That is so exciting! But we will miss you up in in Ogden. :(

Liesel said...

Congratulations Kaija!!! Now you'll be close to us! Once you are settled we really should get togheter!

MissiMay said...

You are so cute! The kids are blessed to have you! And you will do FABULOUS! ;o)