Sunday, April 26, 2009

More Spiritual Goodness!

So last Sunday was filled with Spiritual uplift-ments! For Stake Conference we had a visiting general authority at the last minute...who was it you ask....the NEW Elder Anderson! He was super nice and shook my hand twice...apparently he was unaware that we had met earlier on in the meeting! He talked about so many important things. He also talked about receiving this huge call, and said that his children had no idea until they watched conference....wow. surprise!
THEN I went to a fireside with Julie D- that's what I call her cause we're tight! JK! Its Julie de Azevedo. She came down to Snow College to perform and I got to know her and continued to keep in contact with her! She is so down to earth, friendly, funny, and makes ya just feel good.
Her message was so good. She talked about emotional burnout. Sometimes in this wonderful glorious gospel, we can find ourselves tired. serving endlessly. putting ourselves last. Well she helped us understand the importance of finding time for ourselves. AND Feeling the Love of the Lord daily so WE can then go out and serve and let OTHERS feel that love....She also sang my favorite songs: Masterpiece, Mercy's Arms, and Window to His Love. It was cool to hear the stories behind each song and how she created them! I had my camera to get a picture with her but decided the chapel probably wasn't the best place! I love her music. It's so inspiring and uplifting and just so good! If you haven't heard of her, what's wrong with you...JK But check her out! Ok I promise, thats all the Spiritual stuff I will post for awhile!




4 comments:

sexychoco said...

Yea, come on Kaija...no more spiritual stuff okay..eh..YUCK!! ;) haha...

Kaija said...

Tawny you know you like it! I am just concerned about your salvation. JK :)

Kyle and Reesie said...

Wow, that is so amazing! What a wonderful experience! I miss you so so much! I think we will be coming up next weekend, the 7th through the 11th. We need to get together then. Thank you for being such an amazing friend! :)

Alisha Johnson said...

What an amazing experience! What an inspiring writer you are!!! How are you doing? Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. We are doing good... Living in Sandy, but we'll be in Southern Cali for the summer. I have talked to Brian's Mom about you. She remembers you and your Mom - spoke very highly of you guys! It truly is a small world... Hope all is well! Talk to you soon!