Friday, April 10, 2009

An Opportunity of a Lifetime

So I got the sweet opportunity to sing at General Conference! We practiced so long and so hard and it FINALLY paid off! A week before we did a dress rehearsal at the Conference Center. As I was walking up there to the choir seats, passing The First Presidency's comfy seats...almost made me want to take a picture, but it seemed a tad sacrilgious...I couldn't believe I was so close!
Well many of you are probably thinking, "What?" I watched conference and didn't see you. Of course you didn't! For some great reason, the camera man decided to get a closeup of EVERYONE else but my row. Hello, I was even"smiling with my eyes" like they told us to! Apparently ethnicity doesn't mean anything! Just kidding! I was on the front row and was sitting behind Pres. Monson....of course, a few rows behind! But when we all stood for the congregational hymn, his head was in front of me!

On Saturday at eleven, we were to all meet at the Conference Center's "little theater." I still don't get what the theater is used for, but I totally felt like VIP when we walked through the tunnel to our choir seats...I passed Mack Wilberg's dressing room! Also...I am SO impressed with the organization of this event. There were so many "behind the scenes" people that helped make Conference run smoothly. I was in awe. There was a guy sitting by the organ who knew what was happening to the very second,. He was the one that knew if we had time to sing ALL the verses of the congregational hymn etc. It was amazing to watch all the people it takes for this conference or any other church conference to take place. I had no idea!

Well I LOVED Conference! I felt so very blessed to hear these General Authorities speak to us. This gets a little spiritual, but I had prayed about certain things, and the Lord totally heard my prayers and answered them through Conference. Amazing!



On our way to sing our hearts out!


These were taken at the practice











The Day of Conference! And those green badges are our
security tags...I almost forgot to take mine off when we were singing...
Dang that would've gotten me on camera for sure!

8 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

What a cool experience for you!! Wow. That would have been so awesome. Too bad they didn't show you on TV. haha

Anonymous said...

that is so fun that you got to do that! i wish i could sing...

good job!

sexychoco said...

ha! Love the pictures! Next time we'll have to have a plan and I'll create a diversion, so you can be on camera... ;)

Angela said...

Awesome - looks like you had a great experience! I was able to do the same thing a number of years ago with the Institute Chorale - it was an experience I will never forget!

Oh, and that little theater... that's where performances such as the musical 'Savior of the World' are put on.

Cody and Liesel said...

That is so awesome! You look beautiful

Megan Rogers said...

You are practically famous now! I am glad that it was such an amazing experience for you! Let's get together again, soon!

Ashley Hall said...

That's so cool Kaija. I wish I would have seen you on tv too. That's awesome that you got to be a part of that. Even though we didn't see you, we heard your beautiful voice! :)

Lisa said...

How incredibly awesome! It's always been a dream of mine to sing with the MoTab or at the conference center! So cool!