Thursday, August 14, 2008

And the Games have Begun!


I love watching the Olympics! There is something about watching people live their childhood dream! I love the national anthems that play as the winners proudly display their medals!

Did you know that the emblem "dancing Beijing" represents the "hospitality and hopes of China"? To further your Beijing knowledge go here...
http://en.beijing2008.cn/spirit/beijing2008/graphic/n214070081.shtml


Here are my favorite athletes...

Well on his way to becoming the Greatest Olympian Ever...Winning 6 out of 6 Gold medals so far

And the gymanstic champs! I thought Shawn was cute!


and let us not forget our very own Jake Gibb from Bountiful, Utah



Here are some "Light the Fire Within" Memories....


Remember this scandal...



The Luge.....




Your favorite and mine.....


I must admit I think my mom got me the funeral potato and green jello pin!


A neat memory...Our Beloved President Hinckley!




I remember everyone kept saying how friendly and nice Utahns were, and there was just this spirit here... that everyone could feel. There sure is!
(except on the road :> )

3 comments:

Megan Rogers said...

I love the Olympics, too! Maybe not as much as Brian, though. He gets up at 6 am to watch Team USA Basketball!

Jacki said...

Kaija, I'm a loser I only watched 5 minutes of the olympics. I know I usually enjoy them I just don't have the time. What a loser!

Nat said...

I am so sad that the olympics are over already. I love watching it. Way to go Michael Phelps!! Oh- I tagged you... look at my blog for more info!