Sunday, November 16, 2008

President Packer Visits O-Town!




Tonight at the Ogden Institute, President Packer came to speak to us. The crowd was amazing. You would've thought we were in some foreign land waiting to see him! It was so neat! No matter what the world is saying about our church and our beliefs, we are still the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and continue to follow and do what's right. I know this is sounding primary-ish but its so true. Nothing can stop the power of God. I am grateful to be a part of such a great thing. This gospel is my life. Ok here are some things President Packer said...

First off, he met his wife at Weber State, (then Weber College). He said after institute he would walk over to the library, and Donna, his wife now, was a clerk there. He said, I suddenly developed an interest in books..."
He also privileged us with a little song about institute he made up...
Here it is! yes I wrote it down!
"A root-te-toot a root-te-toot here we are at the institute. We don't Smoke and we don't chew. And we don't go with girls that do!" hilarious!

Here is some advice he gave to us: He said, "Latter Day Saints, do not Fear. Do not be afraid. You will be alright.(concerning economic crisis.)
Develop an inner courage . It will stay with you the rest of your lives."
Another thing that stuck out to me was: "We are not required to tolerate ANYTHING that brings us unhappiness."

So there ya have it, a little spiritual thought for the week!

5 comments:

Mandee and Camshaft said...

Sounds like his message was a lot different than that so-called "talk" that was being forwarded to everyone a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like a great experience.

Sharee said...

That song is hilarious! I loved it~ Thanks for sharing! The general authorities are so great!

Anika said...

Don't you just love him! How fun and great to get to listen to him!

Nat said...

I love listening to the apostles speak! I'm glad you got to have that experience. How neat.

Michelle Arnett said...

I am suuuuch a slacker! I will get on that asap. . . LOL. We do go way back. . . when, 3rd grade? Or was it earlier? Lots of love