Monday, December 8, 2008

ANGELS among us

So after Elder Holland's Conference Talk, a few months ago,"The Ministry of Angels"
I got to thinking about the aNgELs in my life. My wonderful family is the heart of my life. They lift me up, believe in me when I don't, teach me integrity, sacrifice, service and charity. My mom has given such a wonderful life with enormous opportunities to learn and grow. She always ALWAYS puts me, her selfish daughter first. I am grateful every single day, that she chose to adopt a baby girl from India. Where I would be without her, not here, that is one thing!

I am so blessed to know so many wonderful people. So many friends who give me words of wIsDom, Who LiStEn to me and let me pour out my heart, who lAuGh with me, and at my stupid jokes when they aren't funny! Yes. I am filled with aNgELs all around me!

Next, I work with dear sweet angels. These angels function differently than most of us do. They have their own way of communicating, eating, and some need help breathing. Their eyes are filled with pure light. Their sweet spirits are the closest thing to heaven I have felt. These angels are my sweet kids. My nursing patients. And I believe, they are REAL ANGELS!
I got their moms permission to post their pictures!


Meet Ryker



Cute boy in a cute shirt- (had to take a picture of him in the shirt I gave him!)





Ry Ry Loves to be sung too! And he doesn't even care when I get off key! Look how he is holding on to my hair!


Here's Jonathan


He Loves to be Held!


Sweet Boy!
Cute shirt he got from one of his favorite nurses!

Cute Jon Jon!



Sweet Karson





We were on the Front Page of the Standard Examiner! The community had a fundraiser for the family. Tons of people came and it was a total success!



Yes these little miracle babies are reminders to me that aNgeLs come in all shapes, and sizes! These families that I work with are amazing. I certainly would call them my own!

For all of the Angels in my life... Thank you

9 comments:

Cody and Liesel said...

Kaija what a sweet post! I love that you get to work with these kids. What a great job! It was so fun to see you at Target! See you this Friday!

Nat said...

What cute kids! I bet you are really good at taking care of them. You can change the color of your font when you are typing a new post, check the bar on the top where you change font sizes and all that.

Ashley Rae said...

That is really sweet... what cute little kids. And what an exciting life you have!

Darren and Jody said...

Kaija,

Thank you so much for taking such good care of our baby. Your very sweet & we luv u.

Luv Jody

Jackie said...

Kaija!! It is so good to hear from you! I am glad to hear that you are doing so well and doing so much good in the world! Of course you can add me to your blog! Thanks for finding me!

Katie said...

Hey Kaija,

Remember me?? This is Katie (Shelton) Rasmussen. I found your blog and wanted to say hi and I love the blog. I'm glad to see your doing good.

Ashley Hall said...

What a sweet post! Those kids are so precious. What a fun job! I love you. You are amazing!

Katie said...

Yes you can add me as a friend. I already added you (hope you don't mind:) Tell you mom I said hi and I love her! You still have to show me pictures of India. I'm still hoping to go back one day. I'll tell Rob hi.

Jacki said...

Kaija you are so sweet! What a difference you make in this world! Miss you lots! See you at Christmas?