Wednesday, December 24, 2008

UgLy cHriStMaS sWeaTeR pArtY !

Deck the Halls with Ugly Sweaters....

So I thought it would be way fun to throw an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! Tons of people from my singles ward took part! I went to DI and Savers and could NOT find the perfect ugly sweater...I took matters into my own hands and created my own sweater! I think I had more fun than I should have! (Maybe this is why I decided to be a teacher, so I could wear things like this in public!) JK!
On the front I made a snowman out of pompoms and had some garland type thing going around the bottom of the vest, with beautiful shiny bright sequins lining the garland (supposed to be lights). My mom didn't want me to use hot glue because then the decorations wouldn't come off and I couldn't wear it. She thought the red oversized knit vest was something I would wear later...that's why she doesn't pick out my clothes anymore!
We started off the night with BOWLING...Yes thank you for asking, I did get a strike! Not a lot of people wore ugly sweaters but a few of us did! I felt dumb at first walking around picking out my bowling ball while wearing my sweater! I think some people thought we were serious in our decorative apparel...it was fun to watch! We then went to my friend Morgan's house and had appetizers and just hung out. It was a fun and entertaining night!
Oh my friend Sandra was the winner of the ugliest sweater. She wore a bright orange sweater with real ornaments attached.
Her prize: mistletoe, chapstick and altoids!
Thanks Morgan for helping me plan this!




Boyd in his "coach" pose


Riley and John


Sam and Jill- Sam thought because her sweater didn't match her outfit, it was considered "ugly"


Tacky and lovin it!





By the way:
Here is a good dip recipe I made for the party!...
Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a 8x8 or whatever size pan.
Mix 1 can of No Bean chili and 1 cup of salsa together.
Spread mixture over cream cheese.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake 350 for 15 minutes-ish...Get chips and go for it!

14 comments:

Michelle Arnett said...

I love ugly Christmas sweater party's! We did one last year and it was a ball.

Megan Rogers said...

love the sweaters... i think boyd and john should have wore one! oh, and boyd is doing the coach pose!

Anika said...

Hahahaha! I love Christmas sweater parties! Yours is AWESOME! Hope you had a GREAT Christmas!

Team Tillmann said...

Oh I have had a few of those sweaters in my day. What a fun idea. You look really good. We miss you. Hope you had a super Christmas.

Jewelsp said...

I'm so sad that I had to miss this! It looks like it was an absolute blast! I hope you don't mind, but I'm also adding you to my blog list. Maybe updating my blogging should be a New Year's Resolution for me... :)

miquelle and cody said...

What a fun idea, I amgoing to have to do that sometime!

Michelle Arnett said...

Hey! It's easy to change the color of your text. Just highlight it with your cursor and in your blogger while you are typing there is a tool bar at the top of the text box where you can change the size of text, the text font and the color. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Fun party! Why don't you wear your sweaters to church?
Melanie

Ashley Rae said...

Oh how fun! I miss old ugly sweater parties. :) You are so creative. You need to design a new line of clothing. You definitely have the talent.

MissiMay said...

I LOVE IT!! You are so creative! And I just adore those sweaters!! Where can I buy one? ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater! How was your new years? I wanted to let you know that Martha made a blog, and I'm trying to convince Norma to make one :) Hopw you're doing well!

Jackie said...

I love those sweaters! Where can I get one?!?!

Kaija said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaija said...

So a lot of you have been asking about my sweater...Yes folks you can send in your orders right away for the next Holiday season...They are great for Family Christmas Photos, Fancy Christmas events, and Church! JK! Totally NOT serious!