Thursday, January 8, 2009

nEw yEarS fUn!

For New Years of friends and I went skiing. I went skiing once last year, which was the first time since 3rd grade. Good news...this year I made some progress. A) I did NOT fall down B) This year the ski lift did NOT throw me out into the bushes and C) I did NOT have to borrow someone else's ski pants. I bought my own cuz I am now officially a "skier."

Nicole the Snowboarder


Alaina learning to snowboard

Michelle and I


Cold Hands....Warm Heart! JK





Everytime I would get off the ski lift, I would catch the most amazing sunset...check these out!


My FAVORITE....ISN"T THIS GORGEOUS!
NeW yEaRs EvE

Since I belong to such an amazing singles ward....they put together a New Years Eve Party. There was Rock Band, breakfast cooked by our amazing bishopric, and banging of the pots and pans....Since some of us just got back from skiing we looked and smelled great. Campfire, Hat hair. Frozen feet. But it was a fun night! So glad I had great friends to ring in the New Year. Happy 2009!

Oops sorry its crooked....Rockin' Out- I admit I was pretty good on those drums!



The Best Bishopric


Cute Girls


Wishing we were in a real band.

Just seconds before the New Year....I might have gotten in trouble for being too excited and banging my pan BEFORE it was time.
Oh one of my friends made up this motto for 2008- "Find a Mate in 2008" Since majority of us didn't follow the motto, here is 2009's, Make Her/Him Mine in 2009." Wish us Luck!

9 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

LOL- you are so funny. Dang those ski lifts for throwing you into the bushes. It was nice of them to not do it this time. I haven't been skiing since about 3rd grade, either- I wonder how I'd do... hm...

And that looks like a fun New Year's Eve party! What a cool single's ward you have. Good luck on finding that man, this year. :D

Sharee said...

You are so funny Kaija! Ilove reading your blog! I hate the ski lifts too... they always make me crash, well I might crash because I grab whoever is sitting next to me at the time hoping they will keep me up... But they never do.

Megan Rogers said...

First- those pictures of the sunset? Beautiful!
Second- Love the new motto for 2009. Made me laugh and looks like you had a fun partay! yes- partay!

Anonymous said...

awesome sunset pictures! sounds like you are having way too much fun. ah... to be single and energetic again!

Fausett Family said...

Ha Ha I love it! I love your motto! Those pictures of the sunset are so beautiful!!! Good job! I haven't been skiing in a while... I need to go! :) That would be fun.

Michelle Arnett said...

Beautiful sunsets!!! Wow! I love your motto. It's so cute!

CAMI said...

It was good to hear from you! Man I haven't gone skiing in like 8 years- I think! Since High-school! Its scares me too! Looks like you had fun! Happy new year! Hope you make the guy yours!

Kat said...

Way to go with the skiing! I've only gone once, but I do have skis now, so it will come handy since I'm moving back. I'm just glad that you are getting into it- why shouldn't you, look at where we live!!! Happy new year, glad you had fun

Stacey said...

Kai! i'm so glad I made your blog. :) ha ha good pics. Love the sunset one!!! The New Year's party was a lot of fun!