Friday, January 16, 2009

Apparently there is no age limit for institute!

So I decided to take it upon myself to not just sign up for an institute class but actually ATTEND. My roommate and I signed up to take a night class...I was a bit reluctant because I have experienced the Ogden Institute and SOME Ogden Institute people are weird-but I will put aside all weirdness and join in, maybe possibly my future prince charming will be there. (I am trying to surround myself with opportunities which allow me to be involved more...)
Well when I walked in, the room was FILLED. Alright you say, that's cool. Nope. It's not. Like 35 to 40 OLDER people are sitting in the desks. When I say old, I don't mean like 45- that is young. Yes there was some 40 year old people. BUT the more "seasoned" individuals were in their 60's and 70's! That's right, my grandparents could've attended and fit right in. It was CRAZY. Throughout the lesson I kept thinking, "where am I?"Is this a special senior citizen class? Isn't it late for these people to be out? I counted 6 "younger generation" students. SIX and that was myself AND my roommate Michelle, included.
Well I guess my prince charming is definitely NOT in this class... Maybe his grandfather is though!
A friendly couple in my class getting ready to head South for Winter! JK!


So apparently there was an asterik by the class I signed up for allowing 35 and older to take the class...that explains it!

7 comments:

Cody and Liesel said...

Ha Ha! That's so funny. I don't think that your future someone is in there either. And if he were I'd honestly be a little worried about you:)

Anonymous said...

ROFL!

Kaija, you crack me up! Although you never do know where MR. RIGHT will show up!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh..that is too funny! By the way...I love your play list on your blog.. Love Regina Spektor

Katie said...

Kaija, How are things going? it is Katie Canick... Wood now! I miss our Children's literature class... you will have to tell Paul "hi" from me the next time you see him. Hope all is well! Keep in touch!

Jackie said...

That is hilarious!! I am really glad to see that you still have your sense of humor!! Enjoy the class...maybe they have some nice grandsons! ;-)

Ashley Rae said...

LOL... Hey, there might be a nice old guy with a lot of money. You could marry him just to get in his will and then when he dies you'll be rich.

Did I just say that? Haha!

Have fun in institute.

miquelle and cody said...

that is hilarious!