Thursday, July 23, 2009

LaKe PoWeLL

friends, tubing, fun, sunsets, water, hot, sunscreen, water skiing, hikes, exhaustion, starry nights, movie nights, boating, memories, ice cream, people snoring, bats, games, ugly hair, lounging, serene, wake boarding, togetherness, amazing food, swimming, dancing, music, laughter.


I went to Lake Powell last week for my first time. FIRST TIME! I know! It was heaven. Absolutely gorgeous! How have I been deprived like this! It was so much fun. I tried water skiing, last time I tried it I was like 12....It took a couple times, but finally got the hang of it. Except when I yelled "hit it" and my legs weren't together! I still pulled through though! Im amazing like that. ha ha! I also experienced some wake boarding action. Don't think I actually crossed the wake, maybe I did on accident, but I LOVED it! LOVED IT! It was so fun to be with friends. Loved the starry nights and the beautiful sunsets. Loved the calmness of the water early in the morning. Purely heaven. I also learned vital information about myself: I can't sleep with a snorer. If I marry a man who snores...surgery WILL take place...Thanks Nicole for letting me experience Powell...yep I feel I am one of the cool ones that can call it that now! Oh and, for all who are curious, YES I use sunscreen to prevent me from getting darker.... I don't burn, but get dark....I had like eight people on the trip ask me about it!

Enjoy!


Yes folks, this is me giving wake boarding a try...sure got up on my first time!
Fell down shortly after!


Alaina wake boarding


Michelle got really good at this!


Hanging out, cooling off...Boyd is looking at birds instead of the camera.




Nicole and her boot. She broke her leg prior to this trip....
don't fret...she has an inflatable plastic boot!



Me doing some tricks! ok, so its not me,
but he (Jared) was way good at doing cool things.


In the "slab"


inside the slab....this was a cool little place. It's totally hidden.



The climb up to the slab!

The Climb Down the "slab"





The view down. I was a bit terrified but didn't let it show! One slip...down ya go! I have to admit, I was really proud of myself for going on this...let's face it...I am short, reaching down to the rocks took some effort!





I was too chicken to jump off...actually I was just following the law, it wasn't that I was scared....just a law abiding citizen.



Girl Talk in the Carribean Floater.


Tubing





water skiing it up....if you want to learn the new move, "the Kaija" just let me know! When one sees it you would think I was inexperienced...nope, its just pure talent!



We finally made it to the forever long hike to the ruins. Had to swim through some "porta potty-like water." SICK! Next time, Im looking at the ruins from the boat!



Alaina and I



Nicole, the one that made this trip happen! Thanks so much!



Boyd, Wes, Michelle and I on our morning hike. We hiked to the top
to see the other side of the main channel. Boyd made us lay down to look over the edge! It's safer that way apparently!



Our Home away from home.


<
Beauty everywhere!






































11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh! looks like you had so much fun!! i am very jealous - i LOVE lake powell!

p.s. your birthday is commin' up!

Ashley Rae said...

oh I LOVE Lake Powell. I've only been there once and I was 18. But it was heaven. I love the pictures. Glad you could go and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

How fun Kaija! I've never been to Lake Powell either...It's kinda sad that we've lived in Utah almost all our lives and haven't been able to enjoy some of these great places! Glad you got to go, looks and sounds like you had a blast!

Megan Rogers said...

I know I have said it a million times, but I miss Powell! I am so jealous! What a fun trip- I am proud that you skied (is that how you spell that?:)) I was always too much of a wuss to even try!!

sexychoco said...

Love the pics and your fun comments, as always :)

Sharee said...

How fun! I have never been to Lake Powell. Well, I went when Iw as three... So that doesn't count. Looks like you had tons of fun though!!

Fausett Family said...

How cute are all of you! I loved looking at your post! :) Ok so ... I think we need to go to dinner or lunch. You tell me.. I'll be there. yes. ok. sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Powell! We used to go twice a summer growing up. Now that we have kids, it's too hard with them being so little. I haven't been in 3 years now... I am tainted with jealousy of your trip!

Glad you had so much fun. I may need to take you up on those lessons.. I think I have forgotten!

Tamara Jacobs said...

hi kaija! i'm so glad you said hi on my blog:) i loved all your lake powell pictures. that place is amazing!

MissiMay said...

You are so amazing Kaija!! So adventurous!! When I grow up, I wanna be like you!! ;o)

Rachel said...

I haven't been to Lake Powell in forever! Looks like you had a fun time! :)